- Is offered for early childhood of 3 years to 6 years.
- It is a THREE year programme.
The wonderful and enchanting world of Montessori beckons you as you step into the beautiful environs of National Public School, Chikkabanavara, Bangalore. The prepared Montessori environment enables children to work with freedom with specific materials for specific concepts.
Individual and social development is fostered in each child by a unique method of mixed age groups in the same environment. Here, the children of age groups 3 to 6 years come together to form health communities where there is a spontaneous and harmonious interaction.
Children work towards their inner construction by purposeful activities under the able guidance of trained teachers. Children settle down in the environment, perfect their co-ordination, gradually lengthen their concentration and then the creativity exhibited by them is incredible.
The sensorial material helps them distinguish, categorise and become aware of physical properties of matter around them like dimensions, colour texture and shapes.
The "Observation" sessions provide a very unique opportunity for parents to watch their children in the environment and understand the child's level of learning and interest.
- It's a learning through play way method is encouraged it is offered for early childhood of 4 years to 6 years
- It is a TWO year programme
The Junior School is a dynamic environment in which we see significant developments in physical, emotional and intellectual growth from Kindergarten through to graduation at the completion of Year 6. These are the 'Foundation Years' during which early linguistic and arithmetic basics, scope for creative play and expression, physical fitness and constructive socialization are crucial steps in building childhood competencies. This is the time when good habits are instilled and a sense of identity and place take shape.
Kindergarten I and II have two sections with two teachers in each section. The maximum number of students in each section is 30.
Students of Kindergarten I develop fine motor skills, auditory visual discrimination, hand-eye co-ordination, one-to-one correspondence and logical thinking. Interesting writing activities are given to enhance their observation skills, quantitative analysis and sequencing.
In Kindergarten II, more emphasis is on reading, to increase the vocabulary of students. Students start framing simple sentences, which brings out their creative writing skills. Mathematics and Science are dealt with interactive sessions where discussions from the child are encouraged and emphasized. Craft activities, which help in developing motor co-ordination and concentration, storytelling, poetry recitation, singing, drama and dance, are also a part of the Kindergarten II programme.
A Premiere - The Primary School
As students move through the Primary School, we begin to introduce them progressively to the world of integrated knowledge, while particularly strengthening their aptitude in the core studies of English, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences and Social Science. This is a time of multi-dimensional learning.
A wide range of classroom activities are used as stimuli for reading and writing.
- From Class 1, our students are introduced to the study of computers, appreciating that computer literacy is essential in a modern world.
- Children start using the Math Lab from Class 1, which helps them to sharpen their analytical skills.
- We also encourage students in the primary school to do various projects in Environmental Science appreciating the History, Geography and cultural diversity of our Earth.
- Students have Physical Training classes to develop their ability and fitness.
- Art and Music classes in the primary school create an awareness and appreciation to these creative forms.
Establishing worthwhile work habits, persistence, independence, time management and an appreciation of the value of learning oneself begins early in the schooling process at National Public School, Chikkabanavara.
Middle Medley - The Middle School
- In Class 5, students are taught to handle larger portions than what they tackled in Class 1 to 4.
- Along with English, Mathematics, Hindi, General Science and Social Studies.
- Middle School students are ready to tackle deeper and more discrete subjects with an array of specialized teachers, including the challenge of additional languages.
- Mathematics is split into Math-I and Math-II.
- General Science becomes more detailed as Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Social Science becomes more specialized as History-Civics and Geography. English, Hindi, Kannada, Sanskrit and Computer Science continue to be on the agenda.
These years are also a good time to learn the discipline and skills of preparing for tests and examinations. Students are taught to handle term portions and gradually get trained to appear for the Board Examinations in the senior classes.
Dashing Through The Decathlon
- As students' progress through the senior years, we expect them to become increasingly independent learners with an interest in setting personal academic goals.
- It is our belief that rigorous and regular testing provides young students with the self-discipline and confidence to handle more advanced senior tasks.
- Building self-esteem, self-respect and the courage to explore are the qualities we seek to reinforce in our student body.
- Class 9 is a preparing ground for students to take off to the tenth standard where students will face their first significant Board examination.
- These two years, students get maximum attention from their parents and constant advice from teachers.
- The subjects included for these classes are English, Kannada / Sanskrit, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, and Environmental Education.
- The physical training classes build up stamina and are thoroughly enjoyed by the students.
- The students also excel in SUPW (Socially Useful Productive Work) and General Studies assessments.
- These students are all partakers in the Decathlon and run their race in high spirits and with determination.
- The pride and joy of NPS, Chikkabanavara, the senior students have carved a niche for themselves as the best of the best! Year after year, this special group of students record unique achievements.
- Systematic hard work and unflagging perseverance on the part of the students, who have been encouraged to believe in themselves, have helped in maintaining an exemplary record, in an atmosphere of competition and excellence.
- Talented, energetic and restless, it is always the senior students who shoulder the onerous responsibility of organizing the mega events at school.
Class 11 and 12
- Our teaching is aimed at helping Class 11 and Class 12 students access the best universities across the globe and in India.
- In a curriculum that is balanced between Science, Mathematics, Technology and Commerce, it also allows students to pursue those subjects that will satisfy any and all university entrance requirements including Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Law and Business.
- It is our strong belief that students who complete our programmers will be academically prepared to embrace the brilliant opportunities of the new century.
- The culmination of schooling brings with it heavy demands in study, games, leadership and, very often, social life.
- The capacity to balance these pursuits is very important and we are sure that our senior students embrace the meaning of our school motto in its completeness 'Reach Out, Reach High, Reach Beyond' as a way forward to achieving personal goals and happiness in life'Reach Out, Reach High, Reach Beyond' as a way forward to achieving personal goals and happiness in life.